Facebook page: Berthoud High School Spartan Music!
This page is a closed group to students, parents, and guardians. Press request to join the group and once verified you will be given access.
Marching Band Regionals Itinerary
October 20, 2021
Centaurus High School
Bring: Sack lunch, money for concessions/souvenirs, jacket for cool weather.
10300 W South Boulder Rd, Lafayette, CO 80026
Marching Band Students will be released from class all day to allow for a thorough competition preparation, changing into uniforms, eating, and loading equipment.
9:30-11:00 Rehearse at BHS Stadium
11:00-11:45 Load Equipment, equipment truck departs
11:45-12:15 Lunch in the band room (bring a sack lunch, you’re not allowed to leave campus)
12:15 Change into uniforms (carrying hat, jacket)
12:45 Load school bus
1:00 Depart for Centaurus HS
1:45 Arrive at Centaurus HS, help unload equipment, use bathrooms
2:30 Full uniforms + plumes
2:50 Travel to body warm-up
2:55-3:25 Body Warm-Up (Site B)
3:30-4:00 Music Warm-Up (Site D)
→ 3:20 Percussion Warm -Up (Site F). Travel to On-Deck at 3:50
4:05 All report to On-Deck/Gate
4:15 Berthoud Performance, Parents Cheer Wildly
4:30 Performance complete, Take Group Pictures, Load Equipment, Exhale!
-Take off jackets/hats, stay in bibs and show shirts! Stay for the awards ceremony. Visit concessions and souvenir stands!
5:15 Awards Ceremony (Drum Major attends retreat in uniform)
6:00 Load truck, stay and watch remainder of bands including CSU Marching Band
❖ Dinner is provided – students will each receive a hamburger or hotdog, chips, and
a drink from the concession stand
9:30p Load bus and depart for BHS
10:10p Arrive at BHS. EVERYONE helps unload the truck (Silently! The School Board
meeting is expected to last until midnight, so we will want to be as quiet as possible when
brining our equipment back inside)
Bring Money for the concession stand and souvenirs.
Admission Prices – The cost of admission for this event is regulated by CBA
● $12.00 for adults
● $7.00 for students (6-18) and senior citizens.
Cash and credit cards will be the only methods of payment. Children under 6 will be admitted free and
gates will open at 1:45pm. CHSAA activity passes will be accepted for school administrators only.
Other Important Information
● Watch the weather forecast as this date gets closer. You will likely want to bring a jacket to stay warm as the sun sets and the temperature drops.
● As there is a bus driver shortage in our school district, odds are the bus will NOT be staying with us…it will likely need to leave to run after-school bus routes, and then return to pick us up.
○ Please limit what you bring, we will have limited space on the equipment truck to keep things locked up and safe.
● All school rules apply at all times
● Never go anywhere by yourself
● Bibs and Show Shirt must be worn at all times
● Bring money for souvenirs and snacks at the stadium
○ There will likely be t-shirts and patches (for letter jackets) for sale. This is a big part of HS Marching Band culture at most schools
● While this is a competition, everyone at the festival is there to support each other. BHS students, staff, and parents should not talk negatively about any other band’s performance. We want EVERYONE to have their best possible performance!
○ Did you think our show was better? Cool! Keep that to yourself until you’re driving home. =)
● While in the stands-
○ Do NOT talk during the performances
○ Do NOT enter/exit during a band’s performance
○ CHEER for soloists and cool/exciting moments
We do not want to be the school that the other band’s parents talk about our behavior in the stands. Lastly, please be kind to all festival staff as they are parent volunteers for the Centaurus HS band program. They are donating their time to help your student have a positive experience. If you have a major problem with a Festival worker or the Festival itself, please contact Mr. Hedding so that I can take it up the appropriate channels on your behalf (I have more influence with other band directors/CBA than you do). =)
We will follow all COVID protocols for TSD, the Colorado Bandmasters Association, and the host school/stadium.
Lastly, Regionals is NOT a Prelims and Finals type of contest…we only have the one
performance, regardless of how we do. This performance will determine if we qualify for the
State Marching Band Championship in Pueblo on Monday, November 1st. We will know very
late on Thursday (Oct 21st) or early on Friday (Oct 22nd) if we have qualified or not.
Marching Band HELP!!!
Hello Marching Band Families!
As promised at Band Camp, we are going ALL-IN on our marching band season and the time has come for me to ask for YOUR help finishing putting our competitive show together. We are officially less than a month away from our first competition so it is definitely time to get involved!
Quick announcement- Tuesday rehearsals will now be 6-8pm , as we have lost a bit of daylight already as we head towards the winter months.
Being honest, chaperones lighten the load for me and also gives the students someone to ask for help besides me. When you’re available to help students with their hair, provide band-aids, etc etc, it allows me to focus on getting the band to sound and look as good as possible. Chaperones also get free admission to the competitions and football games!
Before our first football game, I answered/solved 52 questions/problems from 6-6:30…and yes, I kept count. Only one or two of them actually needed a music degree. =)
Interested in chaperoning at football games or a competition? Email me at email@example.com so we can begin the volunteering screening process as required by TSD.
” Pit Parent”
These are parent helpers that help us move equipment onto the field for our performances during halftime and at competitions. This year we have a bit of stuff to move onto the field and could really use 5-6 parents at each performance to help the students get onto and off the field. The more parent help we have the less the kids have to do, and the more they can focus on their performance.
Email me if interested! firstname.lastname@example.org
Our marching band has very quickly outgrown our equipment trailer. So we’re looking for a volunteer or two to drive a rental equipment truck to and from our competitions on October 2nd, and October 20th.
This is an all-day job, and also includes picking up and dropping off the truck from the rental facility.
As someone with a visual disability, I simply cannot be the truck driver due to the late nights some of our competitions have.
If you’re interested in being a truck driver, please email me! email@example.com
Thanks for all your support so far, the show is coming along quite nicely and I’m excited to share with you our efforts at the next home game, next Friday, September 17th.
Sean Hedding, MM
Director of Vocal and Instrumental Music
2021-22 Marching Band Dates
- Tuesday Night Rehearsals 6:00 – 8:30 pm
Aug 17; Aug 24; Aug 31; Sept 7, Sept 14, Sept 21, Sept 28, NO PRACTICE Oct 5; Oct 12; Oct 19; Oct 26 (only if we qualify for State Championships)
- Saturday Rehearsals 9:00am-12:00pm
Aug 21; Aug 28; Sept 11; Sept 25 (March-a-thon), Oct 2 (Legend); Oct 16 8:30 – 12:30.
- Home Football Games
Aug 27; Sept 17; Sept 24; Oct 8 (Homecoming): Oct 23 (Band Senior Night); Oct 30.
- Oct 2 – Legend Marching Festival (All Day); Oct 20 – CBA Regionals (All Day); Nov 1 – CBA State Championships (if we qualify) All day.
Uniform Care Instructions
- The uniform can be machine washed, but the following precautions must be followed:
- NEVER use a bleach-based detergent or any bleach product. The detergent must be “non-chlorine” based. Tide Pods are the manufacturer’s suggested detergent.
- DO NOT use liquid fabric softener.
- Machine wash on GENTLE.
- Machine dry on LOW heat only!!
- Wash the uniform by itself. DON’T mix it with other laundry.
- Wash the jacket and pants SEPARATELY. This preserves the coloring on the jacket.
- REMOVE the pieces that are detachable – these pieces must be hand washed and air dried if dirty
- Reflective chest piece
- Wrist Gauntlets can be machine washed and dried on the same settings
- DO NOT wash with the jacket
- Make sure all velcro is attached to other velcro
- Loose velcro latches can rip the jackets!
- Ironing is strongly discouraged as it can melt the fabric in the pants and jacket
- However, we do desire a crease in the pants. If you need to iron do so on the absolute lowest heat setting.
- Do not iron over any snaps on the wrists/pants (built-in adjustable hem)